Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link, at no additional cost to you. Please read the full disclosure here.
Making your own dairy-free milk is easy and a great way to reduce waste and save money!
You can learn how to make almond milk with these 3 easy steps.
Related: Zero-Waste Homemade Peanut Butter
- Nut Milk Bag
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 cups water (add more to thin)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple Syrup or 2 pitted dates (optional and can be omitted for unsweetend milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Soak the almonds for at least 12 hours. Drain and rinse.
- Add the almonds to a blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the nut milk bag into a bowl and pour the mixture into the nut milk bag. Squeeze as much as possible until all the liquid is out.
- Pour into a jar, seal, and refrigerate!
- Good up to a week. You may have to shake before serving as contents tend to separate. Enjoy!